Fees & Payments
My fee for a 50 minute individual session is $175, and for a standard 60 minute couple session is $200. Many couples and EMDR clients choose to be seen for a 75 minute or a 90 minute session for a pro-rated fee.
My psychotherapy practice is primarily a “private pay” practice. I have chosen to NOT participate in insurance panels for many reasons that I will be happy to discuss with you.
If your medical insurance has a “PPO” or “Out of Network” option, you may be able to receive reimbursement for your therapy with me.
Questions to ask your medical insurance company:
- Do I have mental health or behavioral health benefits?
- Do I have “out of network” benefits so that I can pick my own provider?
- What is the annual deductible for my out of network benefits?
- Do I have marital therapy benefits or is the coverage only for individual benefits?
- If I am seeing an LCSW (licensed clinical social worker) in the city of Denver for a standard 50 minute outpatient session (CPT code 90837) and her fee is $175, how much will I be reimbursed?
- Claim form and claims address?
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis. Please feel free to ask about this.
Cash, checks, or a credit card are accepted as payment. I have a “pay as you go” practice and ask my clients to pay each session in full up front.
If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not notified me at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.